Converse County Treasurer

Button link to pay taxes online

A Button link to register a vehicle online


Tribal Plates

Any person required to register a vehicle in Wyoming may apply to the University of Wyoming for distinctive Eastern Shoshone or Northern Arapahoe Tribal license plates.  ***Applicants are not required to be a tribal member to apply for this Specialty Plate***

  1. A completed application shall be mailed to the address shown at the bottom of the application, along with a fee of $100 made payable to the University of Wyoming.  ($70 fee for Tribal Scholarships and $30 special plate fee)
  2. The application will be reviewed by the University and, if approved, forwarded to WYDOT.
  3. Plates will be issued in consecutive order and forwarded to the county treasurer's office.
  4. Current plates must be surrendered to the treasurer's office upon issuance of the Tribal Plates.
State Fee Increase for Registrations
July 1, 2017

On July 1, 2017, the State Fee for each registration in the state will be increased depending on what is registered.  We have provided a quick chart that shows the increased Fees below.

You can view the bill that was passed here.

State Fee Increase
logo for the enotices service - Click here to sign up for paperless statements.  Must have your registration code from the 2016 Tax Bill.
2017 License Plates
These License Plates will be available with registrations that have a 2018 expiration date.
new series - SAMPL
You can view Specialty Plate forms and even order a few kinds online with WYDOT.  Click here  to find out what kinds of Specialty Plates there are.
The Wyoming Department of Transportation has created a question & answer posting that covers some of the more common questions like:
Do I have to get a new License Plate?
Will I have to pay a fee for my Specialty Plate?