Location: 518 South 4th Street in Glenrock, Wyoming
Building Size: Approximately 14,000 square feet (new library) - one story; 3,100 square feet (existing building renovations)
Lead Designer: Hein - Bond LLC, Architects, Casper
Estimated Cost: $5,668,655 *
- Architectural Design: March 2013 - April 2014
- Construction Bidding Period: May 2014
- Construction: July 7, 2014 - July 3, 2015
- Occupancy (new library): May 2015
- Occupancy (remodeled meeting space): July 2015
General Contractor Sampson Construction Co., Inc, of Cheyenne, Wyoming, was the successful bidder for the Glenrock Branch Library Expansion Project. Construction operations began on July 14, 2014.
Current building operations include building foundation construction, structural steel erection, and underground utilities installations.
(See "Additional Information" section under this Glenrock Branch Library heading for construction progress photographs.)
The soils report identified the need for special foundation design accommodations for the Glenrock Branch Library. As a result, the existing library building will be remodeled as a stand-alone community meeting venue associated with the Glenrock Branch Library. The library proper is being constructed as a new building on the same property but separated from the existing building by approximately 30 feet. Arrangements for maintaining Library operations during the construction period are underway.
* Estimated costs include construction and furnishings, architectural and engineering design, construction management, operations and maintenance, administrative, and contingency funding.